|New from ShoutIRC.com is the Server Setup Package (SSP). For a one-time fee we will set up your Linux VPS or Dedicated server from scratch to fully configured to run RadioBot, WebRequest, etc.|
There are 3 levels of the package available:
Level 0 is included with any RadioBot purchase (one-time only, $9.99 thereafter) and includes setting up your server to run the bot (as well as AutoDJ/SimpleDJ).
Level 0 features:
Level 1 includes everything from Level 0, as well as installing WebRequest (if you want to use it) and more advanced server setup.
- Installation and base configuration of RadioBot (+ AutoDJ/SimpleDJ as needed).
- Installing packages and libraries as needed with YUM/APT.
- Setting up AutoDJ/SimpleDJ to use the MySQL Queue with an existing MySQL installation (only needed if you want to use WebRequest).
Level 1 features:
Level 2 is a good choice if you also want to run your station's website on your VPS or dedicated server.
- Installation and configuration of WebRequest (if needed).
- Installation and configuration of WebPlayer (if needed).
- Setting up your SHOUTcast or Icecast server if it is going to be on your server (often the case in dedicated servers).
- Setting up MySQL + a web server and PHP to run WebRequest (we usually recommend nginx for VPS and Apache for dedicated servers.)
- Installing webmin (a free system administration tool that makes your life easier.)
- Setting up a FTP server for uploading your music/files.
- Configuring the Linux firewall to help secure your machine.
- Hardening your SSH server settings.
- Setting up basic Linux security to help prevent brute force hacking of your server. (*** Servers on popular hosting services are under automated attacks regularly ***)
Level 2 includes everything from Level 0 and 1 as well as:
- More advanced configuration of RadioBot such as ircbot.text customization, custom triggers, adding your existing DJs/admins to the bot for you, etc.
- Basic installation of CMS/forums/wiki/whatever you want to power your site such as Joomla, phpBB, IP.Board, vBulletin, MediaWiki, etc.
- Setting up POP3 and SMTP email services for your domain name on the server (including RBLs + SpamAssassin for anti-spam).
- Setting up DNS for your domain on the server. I can also set you up with free 3rd party backup DNS service.
- *** SSP Level 2 will take you from a bare server to a fully operational radio station in 1 step. Just add Live DJs if wanted and put your finishing touches and content on your CMS! ***
Ordering a Server Setup PackageA SSP can be ordered here.